Saturday, January 19, 2013

Go Denim!


Am I late in joining the denim bangwagon? I adore this trend enough to know it has been there a while, but it has just now begun to grow on me. Love at first site may not be for me afterall.
And in my quest for the perfect denim shirt, I write this post. To find that perfect shirt is more difficult than to find the perfect scent or your soul mate even. Its either too light, or too dark, stone washed or too faded. And if its the perfect shade, the buttons or the pockets kill it. Its like I am Goldilocks. I am looking for one that is juuust right!
So while denim shirts are my current obsession, my favourite denim trend is denim on denim. Many of you have been there and done that, but I believe that its not so easy to get this right. While mismatched denims can look good, matching denim top and bottom is making quite a statement currently. I just recently saw an all denim look by Balmain for their resort 2013 collection that made me go weak in the knees. It was everything I was looking for in a denim outfit. High waisted, pleated rolled up trousers with a denim shirt. Sigh. Now if only I could get my hands on it!


But say hypothetically, I do find my perfect denim match, there are at least a million ways to wear the Canadian Tuxedo with much style! Spotted a bunch of denim on denim looks that inspired me because of its sheer understated nonchalance. Go Denim!

Denim shirt + skirt



Denim shirt + jeans



Denim shirt + shorts












1 comment:

  1. you have an amazing blog, really like this current trends post. wanna follow? Let me know, will follow back =)

    ReplyDelete